How To Do A Verbal Practice Set
Once you've learned some or all of the strategies for each verbal question type, here's how you practice:
Verbal Practice Set Instructions
- Pick out 6 text completions, 4 sentence equivalence, 8 reading comp, and 2 critical reasoning questions from any of the ETS books or the Big Book PDF.
- Start the timer for 30 minutes.
- Work on questions and finish as many as you can. Guess and move on if you get stuck!
- Keep your accuracy above 75% (only consider questions you worked on, not questions you gave up on or that you didn’t get to).
- For example, if you completed 16 questions and got 12 right, your accuracy is 75%.
- Record how many questions you finished and your accuracy rate.