So you'd like to improve your GRE Verbal score. Great! But figuring out what to study and how to study it can be hard. What practice material should you use? How long will it take? What about all that tough vocabulary? And even after you create a study plan, how will you know it's working?
Good news! I can help you figure it all out. In my video course, not only will I explain things using official GRE verbal questions, but I'll cover the big picture of success on this part of the test and teach you how to make the most of your study time.
In GRE Verbal Precision®, I'll guide you through the process of answering each type of verbal question, and help you learn how to write both types of GRE essay.
A higher verbal score is within your reach.
I've been a full-time GRE tutor since 2008, and I've worked with hundreds of students both individually and in small group classes. I've also gotten a perfect 170 on the verbal section of the real GRE - twice!
Since I've been working with students of all different abilities for so long, I've gotten really good at explaining GRE verbal questions in down-to-earth ways. Plus, I've gained a deep understanding of how these questions are written, since I've spent so many hours dissecting them with students!
I can only meet with so many students in person. That's why I created GRE Verbal Precision®, to help people who want to improve their verbal score by giving them the same advice I give to my private tutoring students.
GRE Verbal Precision® is a video course that gives you everything you need improve your verbal score, including explanations of each type of GRE verbal question using official ETS material, easy-to-follow study plans, and even live office hours so you can ask me questions.
IMPORTANT: Even if you don't buy this course, please only practice GRE verbal with official ETS GRE questions. Other companies' verbal questions are inconsistent, unrealistic, and can create bad habits and confusion.
- Work at your own pace. There are 10 chapters with 62 videos, talking you through each type of verbal question. The entire course is about 3.5 hours.
- Teaching that gets to the point. After doing this for 11 years, I can explain things really efficiently - my average video is only about 4 minutes long!
- The ETS Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions book will be mailed to you when you enroll, so you can learn using the most realistic material possible.
- My GRE Prep Journal helps keep you on track and helps you learn the right lessons from your mistakes (this will also be mailed).
- GRE Vocab Capacity is included, too, and has over 1300 vocabulary words with mnemonics to help you remember them (this will be mailed to you, too).
- Plus, you'll have free access to my GRE Vocab Cartoons course, which illustrates 100 of those mnemonics.
- Another bonus: a PDF with explanations to every single question from the two free ETS Powerprep tests. These took us forever to write, so I hope you'll get some use out of them!
- A private Reddit group where you can post questions and get advice from current and former students of the course.
- Finally, I'll be holding free weekly office hours via Zoom for 30 days after you purchase the course to give you the opportunity to ask questions and get personalized advice.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Across ten chapters, you'll learn all about:
- How the GRE's scoring and difficulty adaptation work
- Which study plan to use for your timeframe and goals
- Answering fill-in-the-blank vocab questions: sentence equivalence and text completion
- Handling reading comprehension: working with long passages and ambiguous-seeming answer choices
- Solving tricky critical reasoning questions, like resolving paradoxes and strengthening arguments
- Writing a great essay in 30 minutes
- Dealing with timing
- And, using the right strategies on test day
PEOPLE WHO WANT THEIR VERBAL SCORE TO IMPRESS
You have big plans for graduate or business school... and beyond. You want to make your application as strong as it can be. You're not only applying to a program, you're making an investment in yourself and your future career. I’m excited to help you get there with GRE Verbal Precision®.
Stop thinking about studying and get started today. GRE Verbal Precision® will teach you the most important things you need to know to deeply understand and efficiently solve GRE verbal questions.
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
I grew up in small-town Connecticut and completed the honors program at Boston College, graduating with a B.A. in English Literature. I moved to San Diego in 2007, and I’ve been working full-time as a test-prep tutor ever since.
I've gotten a perfect 170 on the GRE's verbal section (twice), and I've written some test-prep books, but I still enjoy tutoring, even after 11 years. When a student texts me that she aced the GRE or got into her reach school, I still literally jump up and down and grin.
In my spare time, I like traveling using miles and points (Japan is my favorite country to visit), reading (favorite authors include Haruki Murakami, Karl Ove Knausgaard, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, and Philip Pullman), watching The Great British Bake-Off (and sometimes actually baking things), hiking and camping, and rooting for the Red Sox and Patriots.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $2
START IMPROVING YOUR VERBAL SCORE NOW
Expert instruction combined with a little hard work can improve GRE verbal scores quickly. I've seen it happen many times over the years, with all different kinds of students.
My GRE Verbal Precision® video course walks you through the entire process of figuring out each type of verbal question and essay, and explains things in plain, down-to-earth English, so you'll understand exactly how to use my advice.
Join today, and see how much better technique and deeper understanding can raise your score.